Senior Room Leader Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Room Leader to join our team.
- Observing children and managing their learning and development records;
- Working 40 hours per week;
- Supporting and directing staff in the room to deliver high standards of care and education;
- Attending parents evenings and supporting open days;
- Compliance with EYFS and planning exciting age appropriate activities both indoors and outdoors;
- Attend staff meetings and training as required;
- Key worker responsibilities to recording children’s development;
- Working to nursery policy and procedures in relation to Safeguarding, Health & Safety;
- Working in partnership with parents and key interfacing groups.
- Experience in the role of a Room Leader or Senior Practitioner;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum;
- Have a minimum Level 3 or above In Childcare or equivalent;
- To be motivated and able to motivate children and staff;
- Relevant skills for working with children aged 0 – 5 years;
- At least two years’ experience working in the Early Years sector;
- Have excellent written and verbal English;
- Experience of leading and supporting teams;
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview;
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained;
- You must have legal right to work in the UK.