The Systems Administrator – Senior administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems. Maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Being a Systems Administrator – Senior schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades. Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. In addition, Systems Administrator – Senior configures software and resolves technical problems. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being a Systems Administrator – Senior contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Systems Administrator – Senior typically requires 3 to 5 years of related experience.
Senior Systems Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Maintain and improve quality and information security management systems and best practice;
- Work with GPS to ensure customers and, if appropriate, IDBS’ partner(s) have a successful customer deployment every time;
- Support certification and customer audits of IDBS management systems and performance either directly or through team work;
- Has an acute insight into good design and architecture and is responsible for bringing innovation to the product under care;
- Rapidly formulate and if necessary implement innovative and astute approaches to solving complex problems.
- 2-3+ years of experience with Windows administration (Server, IIS, SQL, AD, etc.) and/or Linux server administration;
- University degree, technical or computer-related degree preferred;
- At least 1-2 years’ hands-on VMware vSphere experience, vCloud Director a plus;
- Any software development language;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server;
- Exposure to IBM;
- DevOps – Jenkins integration;
- Good understanding of networking and common network services (DHCP, DNS, IP v4 Routing etc.);
- 2 Years+ in a 2nd/3rd line technical role;
- GCSE Maths and English;
- SAN experience;
- Working knowledge of Linux;
- Application Server Support (JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere);
- Further Education – A Levels or BTEC National in a relevant subject;
- Experience with large-scale virtualization clusters with hundreds of VMs per cluster.