The Administrative Support I collects, reviews and analyzes data, and prepares reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials. Provides administrative support in a variety of functions to an individual, team, department, or other group in an organization. Being an Administrative Support I schedules and coordinates meetings, travel, and other group activities. Responds to or routes routine inquiries from external or internal sources with standard correspondence or other messaging. In addition, Administrative Support I has basic word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software skills. Requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being an Administrative Support I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Support Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Support Administrator to join our team.
- Answer and transfer telephone calls in accordance with company protocol and GDPR requirements;
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to requisition originator;
- Provide high quality customer service in all communications with internal users and external suppliers;
- Maintain accurate computer-based records and filing systems;
- Contact suppliers to ensure meeting delivery schedules, to expedite and to alleviate potential supply shortages and or missed deliveries;
- Order and maintain regional IT stock levels;
- Conduct financial duties, for example, processing invoices and delivery notes. Liaising with the finance team about the status of supplier payments;
- Using the IT online portal to fulfil user requests or assist internal IT teams;
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Happy to work as part of a small team, but proficient enough to manage your own workload in a proactive way;
- Proficient in the use of IT, good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Well organised, approachable and professional;
- It’s likely you will have worked in a customer service environment, broad administrative role or general support;
- Use of Dynamics365 Financial system an advantage but not essential;
- Displays true customer-first values, and able to maintain this within the confines of due process and good governance.