Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
Systems Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Assist in the investigation and replacement of inefficient practices;
- Monthly reporting of “World Pay” activity;
- Annual leave cover for FSM;
- Software /hardware maintenance;
- Support the Customer Service Team and Commercial Team to meet contracted SLA’s;
- Responsible for the design, maintenance, development, support and evaluation of all core corporate infrastructure systems;
- You will be responsible for server management and enterprise applications across the large corporate IT environment;
- Monitor performance of the environment and highlight improvements /tune as appropriate;
- Monitor incidents raised by the helpdesk, ensure correct assignment and resolve as appropriate;
- installation and configuration of software & hardware (on premise & Cloud);
- Troubleshoot software and hardware;
- Retrieve and prepare data from a range of sources for upload, using Excel formulas (especially Vlookup), filters, formatting etc. to manipulate data;
- backups and restore tasks;
- Support and maintain Windows Server 2003-2012 R2 for support, patching, maintenance;
- Ensure that technical risks are brought to the attention of the SRE team, and if necessary to the attention of the Head of IT Operations.
- Experience of server monitoring tools, such as Nagios;
- Technically-minded with a good understanding of software and systems;
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are an advantage;
- A willingness to be part of on-call rota one week in three;
- A good problem-solver with the ability to think creatively and analytically;
- A good understanding of DNS;
- Have a very good general working knowledge of IT hardware;
- Experience of core Networking Principals including routing, proxy, gateways, vLANs;
- Knowledge/experience of any of the following NATO Functional Services;
- Configuration and maintenance of Linux server Active Directory Integration;
- ITIL Foundation Certification;
- Configuration and maintenance of web services including Apache;
- Meticulously organised with a high attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Puppet or a similar automation tool is highly beneficial;
- Must have NATO Clearance or Security Clearance.