Inspect structures using engineering skills to determine structural soundness and compliance with specifications, building codes, and other regulations. Inspections may be general in nature or may be limited to a specific area, such as electrical systems or plumbing.
Building Inspector Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Building Inspector to join our team.
- Inspecting void properties and ensuring works are carried out on time and to a high standard in order for the voids to be signed off;
- Carrying out post inspections of the housing stock after repairs and maintenance works have been carried out;
- Carrying out pre inspections of the housing stock to determine what works need to be carried out in order for the property to be suitable for tenants;
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects;
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio;
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to;
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers;
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, Architects offering technical advice and guidance;
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Relevant BC, plan check, site inspection and / or Warranty experience;
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation;
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects including structural defects;
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable;
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management;
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative and will be able to motivate self and influence others;
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards;
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: Building Surveyor, RICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar;
- Full UK driving licence.