Driver/Caretaker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Driver/Caretaker to join our team.
- Provide first line response to general equipment failures, to undertake repairs where possible. Maintain equipment and furniture as required;
- Cleaning Police owned vehicles, conducting checks and routine maintenance of own dedicated vehicles;
- Assisting with the cleaning of the premises in the absence of the cleaning staff, including kennels as and when required;
- Monthly monitoring of the bulk fuel levels to ensure fuel stocks are maintained.
- Experience and confidence of driving a variety of vehicles;
- Basic knowledge of electrics, plumbing and/or joinery;
- Able to develop strong working relationships at all levels;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Physically fit and able to undertake manual handling and other physical requirements of the post;
- Demonstrate driving skills in order to pass the police basic driving test;
- Hold a full driving licence for manual cars including category D1 – up to and including 7.5 kg vehicles;
- Experience of general DIY and equipment maintenance;
- Good organisational skills – able to plan, prioritise and coordinate activities;
- Able to balance conflicting demands, with a willing, flexible and adaptable approach;
- Self-motivated, and focused on achieving high levels of performance;
- Experience of caretaking and grounds maintenance;
- Experience and knowledge of routine vehicle checks and cleaning;
- Practical building maintenance skills;
- Be a competent user of Microsoft Office packages.