Electrical inspectors examine the installed electrical systems to ensure they function properly and comply with electrical codes and standards. The inspectors visit worksites to inspect new and existing sound and security systems, wiring, lighting, motors, photovoltaic systems, and generating equipment. They also inspect the installed electrical wiring for HVACR systems and appliances.
Electrical Inspector Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Inspector to join our team.
- Report on conformance of Electrical Assemblies as part of ‘Line’ and ‘Roving’ inspection routine;
- ‘Pre-closure’ line and roving inspections for conformance to specification including workmanship standards;
- Logging inspection status as required on inspection records and within MRP system;
- Support the manufacturing team to achieve output of high standards of quality;
- Inspection of piece parts, electrical and cable assemblies and completed assemblies as required;
- As required, participate in root cause analysis and assist in improvement activities to promote Right First Time;
- Recording non-conformances using in-house processes.
- You have a recognised electrical qualification preferably as a time served commercial electrician;
- Emergency Lighting;
- Also, a City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (current IEE wiring regulations) 17th Edition Regs (2382);
- City & Guilds Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations or equivalent (2391/2394/5);
- Full driving license.