Test or modify developmental or operational electrical machinery or electrical control equipment and circuitry in industrial or commercial plants or laboratories. Usually work under direction of engineers or technologists.
Electrical Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Technician to join our team.
- Populate enclosures to wiring standards, and wire the electrical system to wiring diagram and engineering instruction;
- Read and interpret engineering instructions (drawings, wiring diagrams, photographs) to achieve project specification;
- Carrying out Site Acceptance Testing;
- Working with the technical team to provide feedback on electrical prototype testing;
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities;
- Document any aspects or components developed during the project for future reference;
- Planning & delivering test procedures for the businesses electrical systems, assemblies and components;
- Distribution Boards;
- Carrying out Factory Acceptance Tests;
- Ensure that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition and that the general area is kept in a clean and tidy state;
- Portable Appliance Testing;
- Managing Design Validation Process;
- Maintaining equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose;
- Operate within the guidelines of the Company’s policies and procedures, ISO9001 and internal work instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings & electrical schematic diagrams;
- IPAF (Powered access licence);
- PASMA / IPAF (Desirable);
- Must have proven track record as a Maintenance Technician within a manufacturing environment;
- HV/LV experience;
- Able to read Electrical drawings;
- Time served electrical apprenticeship;
- Knowledge or understanding of transformers, earthing arrangements, fault current calculations and cable selection & routing;
- Experience commissioning electrical machines or power generation systems;
- REQUIRED: City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition Electrical Regulations;
- City and Guilds 2396 Design Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations;
- A DBS check is required before commencement of role;
- Proven experience of working in Property Maintenance environment;
- Qualification in renewable energy, power systems or electrical engineering;
- High Voltage & Low Voltage knowledge.