Plumbers install and repair water, drainage, gas, and other piping systems in homes, businesses, and factories. Plumbers install plumbing fixtures such as bathtubs and toilets, and appliances, such as dishwashers and water heaters. Plumbers also maintain septic systems—the large, underground holding tanks that collect waste from houses that are not connected to a sewer system.
Plumber Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Plumber to join our team.
- General Plumbing;
- Liaising regularly with colleagues, supervisors and managers to ensure an efficient and effective service is always delivered to the client;
- Maintaining inventory for plumbing materials;
- Completing works on baths, panels, sinks, basins, toilets, wastepipes and showers;
- Carrying out 1st and 2nd fix plumbing works;
- Installing and fixing domestic appliances like showers and washing machines;
- Installing baths, basins and WCs;
- Vented and unvented cylinder heads (HWSS qualified or alternative);
- Good H&S standard;
- Plastic push fit;
- Experience in both new build and installation projects and planned and reactive maintenance projects is desirable;
- Assist with updating any functions in line with technological improvements;
- Working safely and in line with risk assessment and briefings;
- Carrying out a regular maintenance program for all Estate properties and equipment, in line with manufacturers’ guidelines and current legislation;
- Safe and efficient installation and testing.
- Must have the ability to communicate with client’s representatives, tenants and other agencies as required;
- Full valid UK driving license;
- Knowledge of building regulations;
- Strong experience in a plumbing role;
- You are self-motivated and self-managing;
- You will need to supply your own tools / transportation;
- You have completed your NVQ Level 2 in plumbing with proven experience;
- You will have a relevant trade qualification or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in plumbing;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Experience working on commercial properties;
- Experience on diverse projects covering domestic, commercial and maintenance;
- Readiness to travel between sites as required;
- Full driving licence;
- Awareness of health and safety including Legionella control and relevant building regulations etc;
- Relevant trade qualification or 5 years in Plumbing.