Structural Welder Fabricator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Structural Welder Fabricator to join our team.
- Set out steel sections, assemble, tack weld in to position;
- Weld in horizontal / vertical down hand or vertical upward position (butt / fillet welds);
- Read and interpret detailed fabrication drawing;
- Mark off, burn, grind, drill and use templates during fabrication;
- Mark steel, stamp and self inspect to ensure parts comply with BS EN standards;
- Operate pendant / gantry cranes to lift and move heavy steel;
- Use jigs, tools and equipment to fabricate.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings;
- Experience in fabrication and weld of large structures (steel) ideally to BS EN standards;
- Able to use gantry / overhead crane;
- C&G Level 3 (or equivalent) in Fabrication and Welding.