Workshop Operative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Workshop Operative to join our team.
- Make sure vehicles are loaded and parked in correct locations;
- Ensure a safe working environment is established and maintained;
- Bank vehicles where required into and out of workshop yard and Manage Transport movement around the premises;
- Work to site traffic management plan;
- Loading/unloading vehicles using suitable lifting aids such as Forklift/pallet truck and ensuring orders are correct, when requested;
- Maintain pedestrian and traffic routes and keep gates free from obstructions;
- To assist in other tasks that may be required by supervisory staff to ensure the efficient operation of the workshop;
- Working as directed by the Workshop Manager to assist the Workshop Team;
- Putting stock away and packing up equipment and accessories;
- To keep workshop & yard areas clean and tidy always;
- Working in a team within the workshop carrying out general housekeeping duties;
- Working with a skilled team member to manufacturer a range of specialist products;
- Assembling products from CAD drawings using hand tools such as grinders, power drills etc;
- Ensuring equipment is ready for dispatch in a timely manner and filling out required paperwork;
- Carefully packing goods ready for dispatch.
- PCN Nevel II NDT Training;
- Apprenticeships for Levels 3,4 & 5 Diplomas in Engineering;
- Positive Material Identification.