Collections Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Collections Specialist to join our team.
- Developing knowledge of systems and delivering positive process change looking at ways to reduce aged debt;
- Managing and resolving external and internal customer queries in given timescales;
- Any other activities which support the day to day operation of Bristol Energy;
- Recognising any collection exception trends and escalate these to the Collections Team Leader where required;
- Ensuring all appropriate methods of collection have been exhausted and that the escalation of the account is a last resort;
- Maintaining customer data held within the main customer system;
- Working in line with all KPI’s that are set around call and collections performance;
- Setting up affordable repayment options;
- Proactive and responsive telephone, email and letter contact with customers;
- Monitoring pre-payment meters with debt to ensure customer do not self-disconnect and the debt reduces;
- Taking responsibility for timely resolution of complaints that are raised to the collections team;
- Conducting accurate assessments of customer’s financial circumstances;
- Supporting vulnerable customers through our Ability to Pay process signposting to suitable advice agencies;
- Managing Escalated Debt cases through Warrant, Litigation and Trace processes.
- You will be managing your own portfolio of accounts with the aim of recovering payments;
- Experience within the finance industry is advantageous;
- Proven collections experience in the commercial/business sector;
- Professional and empathetic approach;
- Enthusiastic approach to your working day;
- Excellent communication skills, accuracy and confidence.