Learning Support Assistant SEMH Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Learning Support Assistant SEMH to join our team.
- Communicating student progress to a range of stakeholders;
- Delivering 1:1 or group targeted interventions which may include social and emotional interventions;
- Working collaboratively with teaching staff to create outstanding learning opportunities;
- Supporting individuals or groups of students with social, emotional or mental health issues to access all areas of the curriculum;
- Supervising pupils during breaks, lunchtimes and extra-curricular activities.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of SEND needs such as ADHD and Autism and how these can be supported;
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview;
- Knowledge of how students learn and how additional needs might impact on this;
- Experience of working with students with additional needs within a secondary school;
- Using differentiation strategies to support a range of learning needs effectively;
- Using ICT to support students’ learning;
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained;
- Knowledge and awareness of KS2 and post 16 education;
- You must have legal right to work in the UK.