Principal Scientist – CNS Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Scientist – CNS to join our team.
- Support identification and validation of novel therapeutic targets and delivery of new targets into the pipeline;
- Oversight and management of ongoing and new/planned studies at both academic and contract research organisations;
- Delivery of pharmacology/pharmacodynamics research reports for inclusion in regulatory documentation;
- Design and delivery of pharmacology/ pharmacodynamics studies, with strong experience in experimental systems relevant to Parkinson’s Disease;
- Execute high impact studies within an extremely fast-paced and collaborative environment;
- Identify, validate and develop approaches for prosecuting new drug targets in neurodegenerative diseases;
- CNS pharmacology leadership for pipeline projects;
- Critically analyse and interpret data, define realistic timelines for studies and meet delivery deadlines;
- Ensure CNS pharmacology studies are relevant for drug development in human neurodegenerative disease;
- Effective collaboration management.
- Previous experience of effective team leading and line management is highly desirable;
- D. with at least 6 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience;
- Experience working in cross-functional and matrixed Research and Translational teams;
- Experience in advancement of compounds through project milestones (i.e. candidate selection) as pharmacology line representative;
- Able to establish, maintain and manage effective collaborations with external partners.