SEN Support Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a SEN Support Assistant to join our team.
- To train and direct others to ensure that Dyslexia support is specific to student;
- To deliver literacy/ numeracy, up skilling and dyslexia support by either individual student support or small group teaching;
- Be familiar with theories about testing and psychometrics, including relevant statistical concepts;
- To provide flexible assessment opportunities and closely plan, monitor, track and record student retention, achievement and success;
- To keep written records as requested and required for audit purposes e.g. weekly lesson plan logs and Student Reviews/Profiles;
- Administer, select and evaluate a range of educational tests and assessments in line with the Data Protection Act;
- To read, write and interpret reports, allowing better support to identified students;
- To ensure that all identified needs of students that they responsible for with an EHCP are met;
- To support the Head of Learning Support to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of SEN and Disability legislation;
- Accompanying the child throughout the school day;
- Providing speech and language support;
- Supporting the child’s social and emotional development;
- Working collaboratively with the Class Teacher, school SENCo and outside agencies in order to provide the very best support;
- Engaging, motivating and encouraging;
- Monitoring and carrying out assessments.
- Pro-active, hardworking and committed to making a positive impact;
- Child workforce DBS on update service or willing to apply for a new DBS;
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or above;
- Recent experience working alongside children with special educational needs.