Upholsterer upholsters, repairs, and installs furniture. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Being an Upholsterer may also have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager. To be an Upholsterer typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Upholsterer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Upholsterer to join our team.
- Use of hand and power tools;
- Preparing patterns and templates;
- An understanding of AutoCAD;
- attention to detail, hard working and good health and safety;
- Achieve Personal and Departmental targets;
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results;
- Cutting Fabrics, installing batting and poly-filler to framework;
- Stretch various fabrics to fit the upholstered parts by hand;
- Create new templates and designs to specification;
- Assemble wooden frames using handheld power tools;
- Product finishing, including piping, fringing and buttons;
- Perform final inspections of the product before it gets sent out to clients;
- Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces;
- Measuring and cutting fabric to precise sizes and dimensions;
- Experience of stapling using air compression tools.
- Extensive experience of working with fabric and associated materials;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good administration skills;
- Excellent practical and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivation to develop and succeed;
- Furniture/upholstery knowledge would be advantageous;
- Cutting knowledge desirable;
- Stapling techniques essential;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Team Player;
- Good written and spoken English.