The Production Supervisor prepares work schedules, assigns work, and oversees the work product. Supervises and coordinates the work of employees who work on assembly-lines. Being a Production Supervisor requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ensures operations and employees follow proper policies and procedures. In addition, Production Supervisor typically reports to a manager. May require certain certifications in field. The Production Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. Working as a Production Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Production Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Supervisor to join our team.
- Organise maintenance work as and when required;
- Manufacture Sterile Ampoules, Sterile Pre-Filled Syringes or Oral Liquids to GMP standards;
- Organise work-flow and ensure that all employees understand their duties or delegated tasks;
- Ensuring proper communication with team and line managers; and reporting and giving feedback to the Operation Manager as required;
- Performing quality control of materials coming in, following agreed processes and ensuring orders are complete and to the required standard;
- Maintain timekeeping and personnel records;
- Making recommendations to improve production processes in line with time, cost and quality;
- Facilitate on- site training for machinery and equipment in accordance with correct procedures and instructions;
- Providing quality feedback on production to the management team;
- Ensuring ISO paperwork is being completed correctly;
- Anticipate situations that may cause harvest issues and take steps to resolve those issues;
- Hire and train new employees;
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching;
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises;
- Prepare and submit performance reports.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and managers;
- Effectively communicate with the operations team report progress against plan, highlighting any risks to the achievement of volumes and standards;
- Holds current and valid Driving licence UK /European (copy to be provided);
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Knowledge of quality control and health and safety standards, able to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures;
- Able to gain knowledge of and understand internal processes and paperwork, including job sheets, picking lists, packing slips, delivery notes;
- Proven experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing / production environment within a supervisory position;
- Monitor and review labour deployment to ensure that the availability and alignment fits with the production requirements of the department;
- Highly motivated, resilient, leads by example;
- Deliver department/zone productivity and efficiency targets to produce goods in line with the agreed production plan;
- Proven ability and experience of working in partnership with other colleagues to lead and coach a diverse team of skilled and unskilled colleagues;
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures and application within a Production site;
- IT literate – intermediate level;
- Are you a motivating team leader with the ability to coach, mentor and inspire exceptional performance from colleagues?