Rigger facilitates the movement and positioning of heavy equipment, materials and cargo. Sets up rigging, slings, pulleys, winches, dollies and ropes to safely maneuver loads. Being a Rigger coordinates moving activities with others using hand or other signals. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Rigger may be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Rigger Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Rigger to join our team.
- Part of operations on the vessel deck;
- Ensure all rigging equipments is in working order and in compliance with local regulations and Company procedures;
- Perform rigging preparations and detailed rigging inventory according to project requirements during mobilization.
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques;
- OPITO Stage 1 or 2 initial Training Programme (Valid for 2 years);
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps;
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use;
- Fluent in English written and verbal;
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets;
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment;
- OPITO certification;
- Relevant Crane & Lifting Operation Courses: Banksman and Slinging, Rigger course (OPITO Approved), Hydraulic Crane, Fall protection and rescue;
- Experience in operations involving: ROVs and IMR Rigging, Module handling, Heavy Lifting, Flexible pipe-lay, Cable Lay, Decommissioning, Construction;
- Min. 2 years as rigger offshore on vessel;
- Oil and Gas UK or Norwegian Maritime Authority approved Health Certificate;
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools;
- Align, level, and anchor machinery;
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.