Chef/Cook Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chef/Cook to join our team.
- Working together with the team;
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food;
- Check that food is fresh and eliminate expired items;
- Cooking and preparation of quality meals for the elderly, ensuring dietary requirements are adhered to;
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients;
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients;
- Implement Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times;
- Ensuring an attractive presentation of the dishes;
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard;
- Prepare food in a timely manner;
- Delegate tasks to the kitchen assistant;
- Organize the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, such as knives, pans and kitchen scales;
- Monitor food stock and place orders;
- Slightly modify recipes to meet dietary needs and requests (eg reduce salt, remove dairy products);
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations in the kitchen area.
- Passionate about cooking;
- Care about passing down knowledge;
- Working part-time or retired.