The Host monitors guests needs and the workflow of the restaurant and seats customers accordingly. Responsible for greeting customers in a friendly manner and escorting guests to tables. Being a Host updates the reservation book and takes advance reservations. Opens and closes sections with the increase or decrease in the volume of guests. In addition, Host may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Host may require 0-1 year of general work experience. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Host Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Host to join our team.
- To ensure servery stocks are replenished on a daily basis and stock rota is adhered and all food are date and labelled;
- Be available at all times to provide beverages and refreshments to residents and their guests. Offer beverages to all visitors to the unit;
- Clear dining room and set up for supper;
- Ensure serveries are kept clean at all times and HACCP documentation is completed;
- Clean and re-fresh all water jug and glasses and return to residents rooms;
- Attend appropriate training/development programmes and staff meetings as scheduled;
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Prepare and serve afternoon beverages in locations as required by residents including the dining room, communal lounges and resident’s own rooms.
- Committed to communicate with customers to understand their needs;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Keen to learn and improve own performance;
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team;
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude to work;
- Basic Food Hygiene;
- Relevant experience perhaps gained in a hotel environment;
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfil customers needs;
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring;
- Shares ideas with others [to make improvements]
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths.