Nursery Cook Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Nursery Cook to join our team.
- Ensure that budgetary requirements are met;
- Take responsibility to make sure all dietary requirements are catered for and clearly communicated to the teams;
- Keep the kitchen a clean and safe environment adhering to internal and external requirements;
- Support, promote and implement policies and procedures;
- To prepare and cook enough age appropriate food for all the children on a daily basis with minimum wastage;
- Work in co-operation and partnership with the Nursery team and parents to encourage a healthy and nutritious diet;
- Support with other activities with the nursery e.g. BBQ’s, Fetes, Staff meetings, children’s cookery clubs;
- Encourage and model behaviour which is appropriate in a child environment being professional at all times;
- To prepare and serve healthy nutritious meals and snack for children aged 0-5 years old;
- To maintain high standards of hygiene, health and safety in all aspects of food preparation and food storage;
- To ensure kitchen cleanliness is maintained to the highest of standards and be responsible for managing environmental health visits;
- To maintain a hygienic and safe kitchen environment;
- To prepare healthy balanced menu that includes breakfast, lunch and tea;
- To ensure allergies and allergens are catered for;
- To work 40 hours per week between the hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm.
- Experience in a similar role;
- Understanding of allergens and allergies;
- Ability to work calmly in challenging situations;
- Working knowledge of EHO and health and safety;
- Food Safety CIEH L2 or above or equivalent – this must be passed on day 1 in post;
- Chef qualification.