Ambulance Care Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Ambulance Care Assistant to join our team.
- Completing all necessary vehicle and journey documentation;
- Collecting patients and ensuring that the home environment is adequately secured after the departure of the patient and upon their return;
- Ensure the vehicle and associated equipment is in a safe and clean condition at all times, reporting any defects to the appropriate manager;
- Be able to assist patients in walking, pushing them in a wheelchair and lifting them in and out of a vehicle/home;
- Report facts concerning accidents or incidents to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials;
- Administering basic first aid and oxygen as required during the course of work;
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications and medical certificates,
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment;
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property;
- Work as either a driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew;
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare.
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients;
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to express empathy;
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure;
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 endorsement points;
- Physically able to lift patients with the use of a carry chair.