Clinical Nurse Specialist is responsible for assessing a healthcare facility’s nursing practice and its impact on patient outcomes. Provides clinical direction to nursing staff in the delivery of patient care programs. Being a Clinical Nurse Specialist ensures nursing staff maintains an established level of clinical competency. May require a master’s degree. Additionally, Clinical Nurse Specialist typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Clinical Nurse Specialist manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Clinical Nurse Specialist typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Clinical Nurse Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our team.
- Auditing and quality assurance;
- Clinical Care including physical and psychological support;
- Staff mentoring and people management;
- Person-centred support planning.
- Spinal Cord experience preferred;
- Exceptionally well organised individual with administration experience;
- Understanding of CQC standards preferred;
- Computer Literate;
- Previous Complex Care experience;
- High dependency experience;
- Previous ICU experience is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills;
- NMC Registered Nurse;
- Person centred approach essential;
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence;
- NMC Registered.