Community Stoma Nurse Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Community Stoma Nurse to join our team.
- Act as the patients’ advocate, through effective support and information enabling them to make informed choices and decisions concerning treatment;
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with current best practice;
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised nursing care of the patient with a stoma or fistula;
- Act as a resource of information for cancer screening to the appropriate client group;
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the multidisciplinary team and key opinion leaders.
- Hold the V150 Independent Prescriber qualification, or ability to complete this within an agreed period of time post induction into the role;
- NMC Registered with 2 to 3 years post registration experience;
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively;
- Ideally Stoma or Colorectal experience;
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing.