Consultant Psychiatrist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team.
- Work effectively and co-operatively with the multidisciplinary team to deliver a specialist service;
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles;
- Ability to work alongside and lead a multidisciplinary team;
- Full GMC Registration;
- Have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multidisciplinary team;
- MRCPsych or equivalent;
- Relevant experience within a similar setting and working with adults aged 18+
- Holding and chairing monthly patient review meetings;
- Attending Clinical Governance, Health and Safety and referrals meetings;
- Reviewing each of their inpatients ensuring that these assessments are documented;
- Take overall responsibility and charge of the medical care of all the patients on the post holders unit;
- Supervising the process of referral and admission including contributing to preadmission assessments of young people with other team members;
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of patients;
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements;
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people.
- As an NHS employer we offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages;
- Relocation package of up to £8,000;
- We are committed to your development, making the very best of your talent and helping you to achieve your career aspirations;
- Drive continuous improvement in medical and professional practice;
- Professional leadership to multi- disciplinary team;
- Registered with the GMC;
- Able to show a can-do attitude always.