Experienced Animal Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Experienced Animal Technician to join our team.
- Responsible for day to day husbandry of laboratory rodents, including provision of food and water, weighing, and cage changing;
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks, and provide regular updates to researchers to support their programme of study;
- Accurately maintain records within the facility management system;
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to facility and study requirements;
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the use of animals in a research environment;
- Assist with housekeeping duties around the animal facility;
- After appropriate Home Office training, assist Study Scientists with procedures where required;
- Join the rota to cover weekend and bank holiday cover.
- Be able to work weekend overtime as required;
- Genuine interest in animal care and welfare;
- Ability to work unsupervised, and able to prioritise own workload;
- Willingness to receive further training and obtain a Home Office Personal Licence;
- Previous experience working in a research environment;
- Qualification in an animal or biology related subject.