Float Secretary Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Float Secretary to join our team.
- Cover receptionist duties, administrator roles and other office services tasks,
- Attend meetings and such training courses as determined by the Group Head;
- To provide an audio typing service centrally via digital dictation, when not allocated to support a specific group;
- Deal with general telephone enquiries and resolve specific enquiries, receive and;
- Diary maintenance for fee-earners within the group allocated;
- To provide secretarial support in groups across the firm to cover for holidays, absences and busy periods;
- Preparation of correspondence, bills and documents from audio dictation,
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing;
- To prepare the Conference Room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting;
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch;
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task;
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- Knowledge of law / legal practice;
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems.