Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
Health and Safety Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Health and Safety Consultant to join our team.
- Advice and support to clients on the CDM regulations including planned 2015 amendments;
- Provide high quality health, safety and environmental services;
- Carrying out health and safety audits;
- Attend continual profession development meetings and training;
- Assisting in the delivery of health and safety training workshops;
- Advise and instruct clients in the use of Health and Safety Management systems and other relevant technical documents and online services;
- Supporting the client through effective crisis management where required;
- Carrying out health and safety training courses;
- Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge;
- Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with client demand and departmental protocols;
- Writing risk assessments;
- Assist with audit and consultancy scoping, quality assurance and standardisation processes;
- Carrying out site inspections;
- Delivering Audit, consultancy and training services to various client groups across the UK and on occasion internationally;
- Managing and representing a portfolio of clients.
- Health & Safety trainer qualifications would be of benefit;
- Ideally Nebosh Diploma or equivalent or Nebosh General Certificate – with experience within construction , engineering environments;
- Previous experience of Fire risk assessments and relevant qualifications;
- It would also be desirable if you have extensive work with Fire Safety, Fire risk assessments;
- PLEASE NOTE: Travel around the UK will be required as well as some International Travel on occasion.