Healthcare Support Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Healthcare Support Worker to join our team.
- Meeting the personal care needs of the service user in a way that respects their dignity;
- Assisting with activities of daily living and domestic duties;
- Support, empower and promote the rights of all service users;
- To be actively involved with the day to day routine in individual and group activities;
- To assist the senior trained staff in their day-to-day duties and clinical related tasks;
- Ensure all medical needs, within your area of responsibility, are met and the individual supported to advocate their own needs and wishes;
- Always adhere to Norvic Healthcare’s medication policy and do not assist outside your own level of competency and training;
- To practice within a legal framework encompassing statutory, organisational policy and guidelines;
- Consistently apply non-aversive strategies developed in response to challenging behaviours and contribute to client reviews and care plans;
- Encourage and enable individuals to maintain acceptable levels of personal hygiene;
- To demonstrate good understanding and commitment to the rights of people with learning disabilities;
- Ensure the needs of the individual are met through effective person-centered care planning and review;
- Maintaining and developing a high standard of care for our patients/residents by being aware of their individual needs and care programmes;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Interact and participate with individuals in the development of self-help skills, supporting individuals to reach their potential for independence.
- Access to your own transport is desirable, however this is not essential;
- Are Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for supporting others;
- Have the right to work in the UK;
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to undergo one;
- Have a minimum 6 months paid experience working in care or support services;
- The ability to easily adaptable to new environments;
- That are patient & calm under pressure, hardworking, honest and trustworthy.