Lead Practice Nurse Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Practice Nurse to join our team.
- To ensure appropriate access to nursing and medical primary care services;
- Provide professional and clinical support and advice to other members of the Primary Health Care Team;
- To provide high quality, safe and evidence based nursing care and advice to registered patients;
- To actively participate in clinical audit and other governance processes;
- Regularly review progress on all nursing related and public health performance indicators and proactively manage progress with other key staff;
- Contribute to and participate in the delivery of a range of chronic diseases with an awareness of the Quality and Outcomes framework;
- To Independently prescribe or provide medicines via patient group directions or in accordance with a prescription by an independent prescriber.
- Practice Nurse qualification;
- First level Registered nurse;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational and team working skills;
- Qualification in cervical cytology and vaccination/immunisation;
- Clinical experience working in a GP practice;
- First Degree level qualification or working at this level;
- IT Literate;
- Primary care/OOH/urgent care experience.