Night Support Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Night Support Worker to join our team.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team;
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care;
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times;
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments;
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users;
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group;
- Follow and carry out person centred care plans;
- Support with daily activities identified in their plan;
- Promote clients to achieve their full potential with positive relationships;
- Strong communication skills with all service users, colleagues and visitors;
- Cough Assist;
- Tracheostomy Care;
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop;
- Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy;
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable.
- Flexible with working hours – Monday to Sunday;
- Previous experience as a care assistant working with mental health, dementia or challenging behaviour (desirable);
- Fantastic communication skills;
- Ability to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota;
- previous experience in supporting children/young people with learning difficulties or behavioral difficulties in a residential setting;
- knowledge of child safeguarding and protection procedures;
- you must be at least 23 years of age.