Nurse Practitioner examines and treats patients independently and in autonomous collaboration with other health care professionals. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Being a Nurse Practitioner may prescribe medications and order diagnostic tests. Advises patients about continuing care. Additionally, Nurse Practitioner requires a master’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires RN. Requires Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP). Nurse Practitioner’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Nurse Practitioner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
- Inform the healthcare professional attending the service users home of any mistakes or if they could do things differently;
- Prescribe medications;
- Promote good health practices;
- Maintain accurate records and schedules;
- Advance professional knowledge and conduct research;
- Check Assessments are complete;
- give your professional option on other medication the serves users maybe taking that may mix with ours;
- check medical records taken already;
- Educate patients and their family members on diseases, epidemics and prevention over the phone;
- Propose treatments.
- Minor Illness & Injury;
- A quick and easy application process;
- Full access to shift lists, allowing you to book your shifts in advance;
- Fantastic opportunities for CPD and the chance to work in different Primary Care settings;
- Primary care experience (highly advantageous, although please do apply if you have acute/urgent or another non-primary care background);
- Must see children aged 2 up;
- Formal Minor Illness Qualification;
- Experience running clinics in GP surgery, to 10-15-minute appointment slots;
- Diagnosing, treating, referring and prescribing for patients as apt;
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme (subject to status);
- Location: Wetherby Hours: Part Time or Full Time Available;
- Requirements: Full NMC Registration;
- Great opportunities to sample different areas of work across services;
- As a specialist in the provision of urgent care across London we have been assessed as ‘good’ by the CQC;
- Membership to the Health Service discounts.