Occupational Therapist plans and conducts individualized occupational therapy programs to help patients develop, regain, or maintain their ability to perform daily activities. Teaches patients skills/techniques and how to use adaptive equipment for participating in activities. Being an Occupational Therapist studies, evaluates, and records patients’ activities and progress. May require a master’s degree. Additionally, Occupational Therapist typically reports to a manager. Typically requires Occupational Therapist certification. Occupational Therapist’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Occupational Therapist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Occupational Therapist to join our team.
- Aids and adaptions provision;
- Report writing;
- To work closely with psychology to assess residents abilities and consider how areas of difficulty can be supported by the team;
- To provide training to the team as needed;
- Liaison with Social services;
- Assessment and intervention with complex patients;
- To provide assessment and interventions to adults with brain injury;
- To be part of multidisciplinary team meetings and to contribute to care planning and mental capacity assessments;
- Discharge planning.
- Full HCPC registration;
- OT degree and qualifications;
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity;
- Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference;
- Hold (or be eligible to apply for) HCPC registration;
- Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy;
- Car driver/licence holder;
- BSc in Occupational Therapy together with full BAOT membership and HCPC registration;
- Degree or relevant qualifications;
- Full-Time positions only;
- Experience working within a similar role;
- Valid right to work in the UK;
- HCPC Registration;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Duties will include conducting patient assessments to confirm whether current assessment is adequate or if a new process is needed.