Optometrists Optometrists diagnose and treat visual problems and manage diseases, injuries, and other disorders of the eyes.
Optometrist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Optometrist to join our team.
- Perform sight tests, offering the best clinical and technical advice;
- Ensure all equipment is correctly maintained and fit for purpose;
- Diagnose, manage and advise on any vision defects, signs of injury, ocular diseases or abnormalities;
- To attend, prepare for and participate in courses organised by the Company;
- Communicate effectively with customers at all times and make positive recommendations after each consultation;
- To contribute to the provision and development of an efficient optometry service, whilst maintaining the reputation of the Company at all times;
- Discuss vision-related matters with patients, and offer advice and reassurance, referring the patient to a medical practitioner if needed;
- To develop good management practice through compliance with company systems and procedures;
- Carrying out eye examinations in accordance with Company procedures and NHS regulations;
- Maintaining cleanliness of consulting room and contact lens areas;
- Carrying out contact lens fitting and aftercare as required;
- Providing insertion / removal instruction to patients as required;
- Ensuring that any referral letters are written and dispatched promptly;
- Performing any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested by the senior optometrist;
- Pre-testing and field screening is accurately, safely and efficiently completed.
- GOC registered;
- Clean and faultless GOC record;
- Full or part time commitment;
- Team and self motivated;
- Full time commitment.