The Patient Care Coordinator assigns patients to beds based on bed availability, care needed, and patient type. Coordinates the flow of patients through the facility. Being a Patient Care Coordinator may act as a liaison with scheduling to ensure adequate levels of staff on duty. Arranges for patient transfers or admission as needed. In addition, Patient Care Coordinator typically requires a bachelor’s degree of Nursing. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires Registered Nurse (RN). Patient Care Coordinator’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Patient Care Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Patient Care Coordinator to join our team.
- This role is particularly rewarding in terms of job satisfaction and employee benefits;
- Converting leads into bookings;
- Meeting with patients at their initial consultation and guiding them through their first visits at the clinic;
- Answering calls and advising patients on bookings and any queries;
- Providing outstanding customer service to our patients;
- Hitting the team and monthly targets as well as managing a large workload.
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook;
- 5* customer service skills;
- Previous customer service/administration experience;
- Flexible on working Saturday and shifts 8am-4:30pm, 9am-5:30pm, 9:30am-6pm (with 1 day off in the week);
- Ability to communicate calmly and compassionately.