Pharmacy Technicians Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists dispense prescription medication to customers or health professionals.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our team.
- Medicines optimisation for all patients in their care;
- Cross trained in appropriate study operations tasks Responsible for monitoring visits;
- Maintain contact with any other organization that operates a supply function to pharmacy;
- Assist with training of entry Pharmacy Technician;
- Assessing Patients Own Drugs;
- Medication History taking;
- Ensuring a rapid turnaround of discharge medicines;
- Maintain an appropriate level of cleanliness and organization to the pharmacy;
- Contributes to SOP development regarding Pharmacy Operations;
- Ordering of any medicines required for their patients;
- To undergo training for other specialised duties for example POD/SAMPOD, CD work etc. (this list is not exhaustive);
- To (if requested) supervise work of Student Pharmacy Technician(s) and Pharmacy Support Workers;
- To participate in continuing education;
- To assist in stock checks in the dispensary and stores;
- To participate in in-service training.
- NVQ level qualification;
- GPHC registration;
- Previous experience in UK hospital pharmacy;
- Min 3+ Years NHS experience;
- GpHC registered;
- Current Hospital experience;
- High developed communication, interpersonal negotiating and influencing skills;
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently;
- Proven time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and respond to requests in a timely manner;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good written skills, with the ability to produce reports, presentations and proposals;
- Applies sound professional judgement to legal and ethical issues.