Residential Care Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our team.
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living;
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development;
- Positive engagement to encourage our children and young adults in their development;
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging;
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs.
- The ability to work shifts;
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities;
- Experience managing challenging behaviors and physical intervention;
- Driving license desirable;
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care desirable;
- Level 3 in Children’s and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent (Essential);
- Experience working with young people with complex needs and EBD (Desirable);
- Experience working in residential childcare;
- Residential care experience;
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification;
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide;
- Hold a full UK driving licence;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Previous experience working with children and young adults with challenging behaviour;
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends.