RGN or RMN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a RGN or RMN to join our team.
- Delegation and supervision of duties to care staff;
- Storage and administration of drugs including controlled drugs;
- To assist with re-assessment of the residents’ needs, and re-evaluation ofcare – adapting and prioritising the planned care appropriately;
- Care of wounds;
- Stoma care;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Ordering of drugs and medical supplies and the safe disposal of unwanteddrugs, in accordance with accepted procedures;
- To lead the shift, supporting other staff members and ensuring the highest standards of care are achieved at all times;
- Working with the home manager and other trained nurses to assess, plan and implement quality nursing care;
- To be involved in the planning of residents’ care and to give input during shift handovers;
- Attending patient care-plan meetings;
- Administering oxygen;
- Consulting with medical physicians;
- Checking the status of wounds;
- Administering enemas.
- Awareness of the principles of Person Centred Care Planning;
- An RGN/RMN qualification;
- Knowledge of Health and Social Care Act 2012 and the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety;
- Experience of supervising staff;
- IT Literate.