Shift Engineering Manager (Nights) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Shift Engineering Manager (Nights) to join our team.
- Having a good working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bring any shortfalls observed to the attention of the relevant people;
- Be the custodian of each piece of work you own and see it through to handover;
- Develop and produce reporting for relevant stakeholders (FM, Project team, Property Director etc) on works being undertaken for them;
- Be familiar with current fire regulations & British Standards;
- Being familiar with legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them;
- Highlight any failings in H&S and bring these to the attention of the team;
- Attend meetings as required from concept and design through to build;
- Making visual inspections of works carried out and also works in progress;
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders so you are involved in every project, churn and minor works that take place;
- Becoming familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting the work.
- Possess a M&E engineering qualification or equivalent experience;
- Experience in prior roles essential – clerk of works or project manager;
- Prior roles of working within a vast complex retail environment;
- An understanding or membership of ICWCI or CIBSE – desirable;
- Fully competent in accepting handovers from projects of all sizes and managing snagging lists that are produced;
- Understanding of listed buildings and associated issues;
- Fully qualfied Electrically or Mechanically to a recognised level; ie C&G;
- Working in a luxury retail environment advantageous;
- Preferably NEBOSH / H&S qualified;
- IT proficient in MS Office packages.