Trainee Animal Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Trainee Animal Technician to join our team.
- Provide animals with environmental enrichment;
- Provide adequate supplies of food, water, bedding, and consumables for animals as required;
- Understanding breeding and scientific procedures;
- Cage cleaning and washing;
- Carry out daily welfare checks;
- Accurate record keeping;
- Handling animals;
- Ensure cages and enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Weekend and bank holiday cover will be required on a rota basis;
- To be responsible for personal and colleagues’ Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines and safe working practices;
- General animal husbandry;
- General health checking;
- Feeding and watering.
- A temp to perm opportunity;
- Animal Care Qualification Level 2 or higher are desirable;
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity, and a genuine interest in the care of animals;
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks;
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science are advantageous.