Diagnose, treat, or research diseases and injuries of animals. Includes veterinarians who conduct research and development, inspect livestock, or care for pets and companion animals.
Veterinarian Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Veterinarian to join our team.
- Liaising with all named personnel, including the Home Office Inspector and Named Veterinary Surgeon onsite;
- AAALAC certification;
- Lead a veterinary pharmacy;
- Undertake original research into the pathogenesis of infectious disease or the activity of antimicrobial agents;
- Assisting scientists in planning and submitting applications for animal experiments;
- Laboratory animal hygiene monitoring;
- Assist with surgical procedures;
- Act as the Animal Welfare Officer;
- Assist in the training of employees;
- Veterinary care of laboratory animals (rodents).
- In-depth knowledge of animal welfare conditions;
- Able to use initiative to solve problems and troubleshoot with the assistance of other members of the team;
- Home Office License A-C and knowledge of the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 is essential;
- A flexible approach to working hours due to study demands;
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine;
- Proven experience in the field of laboratory animal work and animal husbandry;
- Extensive surgical experience and skills;
- Ability to organise daily tasks, work frequently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.