Architectural Technician / Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Architectural Technician / Technologist to join our team.
- Preparing street scenes;
- Preparing planning house types (floor plans & elevations);
- Preparing Planning Layouts (including templates, design of road layout and landscaping);
- 20% Attending Client Meetings;
- 20% Dealing with Statutory Authorities;
- 10% Drawing Checking / Design Review of Others;
- 50% Drawing Work.
- NBS spec writing experience;
- A track record in Commercial architecture is required within retail, industrial and care home sector;
- Strong technical detailing skills & knowledge (planning, building regs & construction drawings);
- A solid technical background is essential and experience and proficiency in writing NBS specifications would be a benefit;
- Good technical knowledge;
- Work closely with the Design Team to analyse and produce solutions to design and technical issues;
- Good organisational skills with an ability to work on multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to work with others as well as on your own initiative;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD;
- Strong technical ability and able to evaluate technical specification;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience through RIBA Stage 4-5;
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in UK practice;
- Bim level 2;
- Previous experience in the UK residential sector;
- Good technical knowldge.