BIM Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a BIM Technician to join our team.
- Work with internal and external designers, consultants and technicians to represent solutions to any conditions or approvals;
- Liaising with the temporary works team to integrate temporary works;
- Adding data attributes to the model where appropriate;
- Creating logistics models for optimisation of site layouts and haulage routes;
- Liaising with subcontractors to source and incorporate supply chain models;
- Able to support the team and training if required, depending on software skills;
- Undertaking clash detection on the model;
- Participate actively design team meetings;
- Liaising with methods engineering team to produce drawings, 3D models and 4D construction sequencing.
- Ability to setup and run clash detection, defining tolerances and checking results;
- Innovative thinking – seeks opportunities to add value through use of technology and data;
- Ability to interpret 2D drawings and use industry-standard software to generate component-level 3D models;
- Familiarity with 4D location-based modelling packages;
- Have a detailed understanding of AutoCAD 3D and / or Bentley AECOsim tool;
- Aware of the ‘information’ requirements of BIM;
- Industry-standard 3D CAD, experience of 4D/5D, Asset Management requirements & Data Management.