Research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
Field Service Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team.
- You will administer of all your activities, including time-registration and the returns of defect modules;
- You will transfer the defect modules to the repair department;
- You will localise defect modules and solve a malfunction quickly and professional;
- Build and document knowledge about the customer’s company and their technical operations;
- Study technical manuals and attend training sessions provided to maintain current knowledge;
- Maintain inventory of parts issued;
- Respond to the customer’s unscheduled events in a rapid & efficient manner;
- Service/Rectifying faults;
- Fault find, diagnose and repair customer machines on site;
- Ensuring that customers receive the highest levels of customer service at all times;
- Attending and positively contributing to all training required;
- Planning and organising of own time to maximise customer facing time;
- To ensure compliance with Sustainability Processes, Quality Management System, Safety Procedures and Accountancy Policies;
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle;
- Providing a timely, polite and efficient service.
- Understanding of PLC’s control systems;
- Fluency in English and German is essential, Dutch language skills would be beneficial;
- have a hands-on approach;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- have a good understanding of general IT equipment including general PC skills;
- Core level of mechanical skills and understanding will be required;
- Good geographical knowledge of South East London;
- Successful enhanced DBS check;
- The role would suit someone from the Armed Forces or someone with experience installing communication products: UHS/ VHS;
- Ability to relay clear instructions to clients;
- minimum of BTEC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or similar;
- Good eye for detail;
- Planning skills;
- Customer service experience;
- Team-working Skills.