HGV Technician/Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HGV Technician/Mechanic to join our team.
- Complete job cards and service sheets using online systems correctly and in line with warranty protocol;
- Fault diagnosis and rectification using the manufacturers computer system and tooling;
- Carry out routine inspections maintenance service and repairs on franchised and non-franchised marques including trailers to industry standard;
- Carrying out 6 weekly inspections;
- Completing service and repair records;
- Service, maintenance and repairs to commercial vehicles;
- Diagnosing faults;
- Working on hydraulic and pneumatic systems;
- Road test vehicles where necessary;
- Service, maintenance and repairs to a range of commercial fleet vehicles;
- Carrying out vehicle inspections and rectifying defects;
- Preparing vehicles for MOT;
- Preventative maintenance;
- Diagnosing vehicle faults and rectifying defects;
- Adhering to Health and Safety.
- Minimum 3 Years in Commercial HGV Mechanics;
- NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds Equivalent;
- HGV licence desired but not essential;
- Full UK driving licence.