Lead Installer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Installer to join our team.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools;
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment;
- Install new duct systems in remodeled rooms or buildings;
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures;
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions;
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs;
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution;
- Must have strong math skills;
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems;
- Understanding that we leave our job sites as clean if not cleaner than we found it;
- Ability to recognize and recommend upgrades to efficiency, thermostats, filters and UV lighting systems to customers;
- Installation of Indoor Air Quality products such as UV lights, central dehumidifiers, and whole house filtration systems;
- Ability to establish rapport for customers.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers;
- Clean police record;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Successful completion of a certified HVAC installation training program and apprenticeship;
- EPA Certified;
- 5 Years of HVAC field experience;
- Valid driver’s license.