Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
Service Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Service Technician to join our team.
- To put service centre stock away into advised locations;
- To pick spare requirements for tool repair;
- Valued team member who is equally capable of lone working and working as a member of a team;
- Ensure conformity to the ABB Electrical safety Management System;
- Technical advice of the customers’ service staff;
- Flexible in the working pattern as this role involves working away from base for periods of time;
- Examining vehicles and reporting defects against Vehicle Inspectorate standards;
- Performing repairs and maintenance service work requested in accordance with approved quality and efficiency standards;
- Discarding residual waste or hazardous materials using the proper disposal methods;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Safety KPI:s;
- Supporting customers / product users;
- Forming an accurate diagnosis and estimate of assigned vehicles;
- Looking after and ordering parts for jobs;
- Flexible in the working pattern as this role involves working away from base (outside of UK) for periods of time.
- Fault finding / diagnostic skills down to component level;
- Computer literate – an understanding of computer hardware, networking and software including Microsoft Office – Word and Excel;
- To be able to work autonomously or as part of a team;
- The ability to read technical drawings / electronic schematics;
- Flexibility – requirement to aid the stores department as and when required;
- Mechancial fitting experience – minimum of 1-2 years;
- Can lift 100+ lbs;
- Electrical control diagnostics skills;
- Technical communication skills;
- Must pass background check;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Full clean driving licence;
- 310S Certification;
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations – Desirable;
- Computer diagnostics skills preferred.