Vehicle Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Vehicle Artist to join our team.
- You will optimise your assets to maximise game performance;
- You will work with our production team to ensure all your work is correctly scoped and planned;
- You will be responsible for the creative aspects of recreating vehicles from history to cater to our core USP of historical authenticity;
- You will create key assets and textures and implement them in-game;
- You will work to create historically accurate vehicles for our in-house first person shooters;
- You will work closely with our awesome art department, and ensure all assets made are consistent on a technical and artistic level.
- You have a strong understanding of how to maximise the technical elements of environmental design to increase visual fidelity;
- You have a strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of the technical pipelines used in contemporary game engines;
- Strong understanding of art pipelines and use ofUE4;
- You’ve worked in a visually realistic style before, preferably utilizing 3DS Max;
- You have a portfolio of visually impressive hard-surface assets. Props and weapons are ideal;
- A means for communicating your visual ideas effectively at the concept stage;
- Experience with Substance suite or Quixel;
- Your excellent eye for aesthetic style, colour and detail fuels your skills in the creation and recreation of fantastic vehicle and prop art;
- An understanding of shaders and how they are used in UE4;
- An understanding of the inner workings and/or history of contemporary and historical firearms.