The Vehicle Service Technician / Mechanic requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Performs various preventative maintenance services on different makes and models of equipment in the field or at customer’s location. Being a Vehicle Service Technician / Mechanic typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Vehicle Service Technician / Mechanic possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Vehicle Service Technician / Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Vehicle Service Technician / Mechanic to join our team.
- Replacing clutches, timing belts and engines;
- Any other duties required by management;
- Working to manufacturer repair time guidelines;
- Basic administration;
- Vehicle maintenance, repairs and full servicing;
- Advising drivers on repair work carried out;
- Fault finding & diagnostic work.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Experience with diagnostic fault finding equipment;
- A relevant vehicle maintenance qualification – at least NVQ Level 2 or upwards, or an equivalent City & Guilds or similar qualification;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Previous experience of working in a similar workshop or repair centre environment.