Legal Advisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Advisor to join our team.
- Advising and supporting the business across the risk spectrum – e. capex projects, commercial, corporate, contract and compliance etc;
- Supporting other members of the function as appropriate;
- Perform to a high level in a target-orientated environment;
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity;
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously;
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks;
- Identifying/anticipating risks and opportunities across the business and helping to drive/foster pro-active behaviours and practices;
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision;
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- UK Qualified lawyer (or equivalent);
- Experience of capex projects preferred;
- UK Qualified Solicitor with at least 1-3 years PQE and (preferably) some in-house experience;
- Strong commercial legal experience;
- Knowledge of personal data protection governance and accountability requirements outlined under law;
- Experience drafting, negotiating client and supplier contracts;
- Experience of managing risk across the risk spectrum;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Good knowledge of GDPR;
- Experience of advising more junior colleagues;
- Experience of dealing with clients in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries;
- Worked for an international business.